We’re really excited to share that we’re hiring a Campaigns Manager for Whitehawk Foodbank.
Deadline for applications is 23:59 on 21st August.
Interviews will take place between 24th-26th August
To apply please send a CV and 1 page cover letter to [email protected]
As Whitehawk Foodbank Campaigns Manager you will responsible for building and leading a volunteer team to develop and deliver local influencing strategies through the foodbank, organising the local community to campaign for change. You will be the link between the foodbank and the Organising and Local Mobilisation (OLM) team at Trussell Trust, as we build a movement to end the need for food banks.
- Develop and manage a team of volunteers
- Explore and understand the experiences that are bringing people to need the food bank’s support
- Map out and build relationships with the food bank’s partners
- Identify a local issue driving poverty, build a campaign team and develop a strategy to build power and win change
- Deliver the local influencing campaign
- Work with the OLM team and engage with the training and support on offer
- Engage in Trussell Trust’s central priority campaign activities
- Experience of campaigning or organising
- Experience managing and working with volunteers
- Experience of community outreach and partnership working
- Project management and organisational skills
- Confident written and oral communicatior
- Commitment to the values of Trussell Trust and Whitehawk Foodbank. Commitment to the vision of ending the need for foodbanks.
The Trussell Trust is a charity that works to end the need for food banks. It is founded on and shaped by Christian principles.
Our values of dignity, justice, compassion and community, are central to all that we do and therefore supports our aim to be an organisation where the diversity of all employees is valued. We welcome people of all faiths and none and those that are committed to these values.
We recognise that we have under-represented groups within our workforce. As part of our commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity we are actively encouraging applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions and those with a lived experience of poverty as well as any other under-represented group in our workforce. We are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of our employees from all forms of harm.
Click here to find Full Job Description: WFB Campaigns Manager JD